Energy Performance Certificates


Book your EPC

Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) are needed whenever a property is:

  • Built 
  • Sold 
  • Renovated

You must order an EPC for potential buyers and tenants before you market your property to sell or rent.

An EPC contains:

  • Information about a property’s energy use and typical energy costs
  • Recommendations about how to reduce energy use and save money

An EPC gives a property an energy efficiency rating from A (most efficient) to G (least efficient) and is valid for 10 years.

Buildings that do not require an EPC

These include:

  • Places of worship
  • Temporary buildings that will be used for less than 2 years
  • Stand alone buildings with a total useful floor space of less than 50 square metres
  • Industrial sites, workshops and non-residential agricultural buildings that don’t use a lot of energy
  • Some buildings that are due to be demolished
  • Holiday accommodation that’s rented out for less than 4 months a year or is let under a licence to occupy
  • Listed buildings - you should get advice from your local authority conservation officer if the work would alter the building’s character
  • Residential buildings intended to be used less than 4 months a year

Check if you have an EPC on the EPC Register. 

You can also look at the EPCs of other properties free of charge. This lets you compare your home’s energy performance with that of similar homes. You can search by the property’s address or by the EPCs report reference number.


*In accordance with The National Trading Standards Estate Agency (NTSEAT): Please note Hindhead Property Limited may receive a referral fee for services recommended. In respect of Energy Performance Certificates and our provider, Tech Surveys , we do not receive any referral fees from Tech Surveys, however we do charge an administration fee of £24 inclusive of VAT. per transaction for arranging the EPC on your behalf.