Buying A Property
Step 1: Arranging Your Mortgage
- Before you begin your property search, it is advisable to arrange your finances and, if required, have a mortgage agreed in principle. This will confirm how much money you will have to fund the purchase. We highly recommend a local financial advisor. Click here for further information.
Step 2: Register Your Interest
- The first step to finding the right property is to register with us either by calling us on 01752 875075 or visiting one of our offices where you can discuss your property requirements.
Step 3: Finding A Property
- Regularly check agents websites as well as portals such as Rightmove, Zoopla and PrimeLocation. When you view properties make sure you are asking questions and that you look at everything you feel you need to. Ask to see the properties EPC.
Step 4: Offering On A Property
- Once you have found a property that suits your requirements place an offer with the agent. If you have any outstanding questions, make your offer subject to these being answered. You may need to demonstrate, if requested, that you are able to proceed (e.g. provide evidence of your mortgage agreed in principle). There are no legal obligations on either side until contracts are exchanged.
Step 5: Offer Agreed
- Once your offer is accepted we will do the following: prepare a memorandum of sale and send to all parties and ask you to confirm your solicitor's and mortgage broker's details.
Step 6: Conveyancing
- As part of the conveyancing process your solicitor will do the following: raise any enquiries on receipt of the draft contract from the seller's solicitor, request their own local searches, agree on a date for exchange of contracts. We will assist your solicitor and negotiate throughout. We can obtain a quote from a local solicitor.
Step 7: Completion
- Once you have exchanged contracts a legal completion date will be set. Once you have completed keys can be collected and you can move into your new home.