Information for Landlords
Landlord Lettings Process Explained
Step 1: Accurate valuation
- Our expert agents carry out valuations every day giving them an unparalleled knowledge of property values in your area. Using this experience, they will know exactly what to market your property for and will always be honest with you about what you can expect. We consistently achieve the asking price for our clients' properties.
Step 2: Property management
- Property Management is the key to reaping maximum returns on your property. Many tenants insist on renting managed properties as they prefer the security of dealing with an agent. Instructing Hindhead to manage your property gives you peace of mind that both your property and tenant will be cared for and that your property meets all legal requirements ensuring your investment stays stress and hassle free.
Step 3: Presenting your property
- First impressions count so the initial presentation of your property is critical to a successful let. Consider addressing any outstanding DIY jobs, add a fresh coat of paint where necessary and try to declutter to help rooms appear larger. When presenting a good quality property, you tend to find that most tenants will continue to maintain it to the same standard.
Step 4: Marketing your property
- To find your perfect tenant you need to give your property maximum exposure across a wide range of media. When you instruct Hindhead Property you will automatically benefit from our comprehensive marketing package, including: exposure on our website, Rightmove, Zoopla and Prime Location. Full colour property details will be emailed to existing registered applicants. Our team of dedicated professionals will take photographs and write a comprehensive description of your property, once you have approved the description you’ll be ready to advertise.
Step 5: Accompanied viewings
- Our longer opening hours maximise viewing opportunities for your property, many of our viewings are carried out after work and at weekends. Accompanied viewings mean we can use our expertise to help let your property.
Step 6: Receiving an offer
- Hindhead Property will work hard to ensure that we find you a suitable tenant, who matches your given guidelines. All tenants are thoroughly checked, with credit history and previous landlord references. As soon as an offer is received, we will contact you to discuss all details of the applicant enabling you to make an informed decision as to whether you are happy to proceed.
Step 7: Preparing your property for tenancy
- Before you let your property for the first time it is advisable to obtain a professional and comprehensive inventory of your property and contents. If we fully manage your property, Hindhead Property will carry this out on your behalf. When the tenant moves in they are asked to sign the inventory as proof that they accept it as a true representation of the condition of the property and its’ contents. This will be used as a comparison at the end of the tenancy and will ensure that any issues can be resolved fairly.